One of the best ways to maximize your yield year-round and ensure the health and longevity of your plants is to start seedlings early, and a heavy-duty greenhouse will be your best ally in this mission.
Start seedling early to grow all year round
Seedlings are a smart way to brace your crops for the coldest months. This technique is a key strategy for any gardener looking to maximize their yield and ensure the health and longevity of their plants.
Seed starting in a greenhouse provides
- Improved health of transplants due to the increased space, light availability, watering frequency, and a climate-controlled environment.
- Return on investment, since gardeners can grow their own fruits, vegetables, and herbs all year round instead of relying on expensive store-bought produce.
- More production, since planting seeds and tracking their progress and dates will allow you to move plants through your greenhouse like an assembly line.
In this article, we share 4 benefits of starting seedlings early in a greenhouse so you can get the most out of your gardening projects.
1. A Greenhouse provides a controlled environment
Greenhouses are designed to provide a controlled environment for plants to create the ideal conditions for growth.
By starting seedlings early in a greenhouse, gardeners can give their plants a head start on the growing season, allowing them to be transplanted into the garden sooner and potentially yield a larger harvest.
Furthermore, using a greenhouse to protect seedlings from harsh weather conditions can help to ensure that they survive and thrive.
2. A Greenhouse protects crops during the coldest months
Greenhouses provide an ideal environment for protecting plants from the elements during the colder months.
By enclosing plants in a greenhouse, gardeners can create a warmer and more sheltered microclimate than the outside environment, allowing plants to continue growing when they would otherwise be killed by frost or other harsh weather conditions.
This can be especially useful for plants that are not hardy enough to survive in your area's climate, but you still want to grow them.
To complement this technique, make sure to prepare your greenhouse before the cold months arrive.
3. A Greenhouse helps to keep your Plants fresher during the summer months
Greenhouses are not only good during the coldest months.
They can also protect your plants from the heat during the summer months, maintaining optimal growing conditions for your plants and providing an ideal environment for maintaining healthy plants all year round.
4. Greenhouses can help keep pests and plant diseases at bay
Greenhouses can help reduce the need for chemical pesticides and fertilizers by keeping pests and diseases at bay and providing ideal growing conditions for plants, which benefits your family and the environment.
Are you ready to maximize your yield this year? Take a look at our greenhouses and shop for the one that fits your needs.
Why Planta Greenhouses?
- Wind resistant up to 65 mph (learn more about how our greenhouses hold up in high-altitude climates).
- Withstands a snow load of up to 98 psf (480kg/square meter).
- Made with a heavy-duty galvanized steel frame.
- Polycarbonate panels provide 100% protection against UV rays.
- The Sungrow greenhouse is bell-shaped - allowing the wind, snow, and hail to slide off the sides.
- Extendable (Sungrow, Sigma, and Farmer models can be extended beyond 100ft)
- Made in Europe and exclusively imported