Every greenhouse kit comes with optional legs that can be dug directly into the ground. The amount of legs included depends on the greenhouse size.
Approx Size: 10' × 19.5' × 8'
Picture the tree fort from your childhood hidden in your own backyard. A vibrant garden filled with lush greenery and new life. A cocoon where plants soar indoors regardless of the weather outdoors.
Explore your creative side with a Planta Sungrow Greenhouse.
One of the strongest greenhouses in the world: heavy-duty materials, more weather-resistant, and with a decade-long warranty.
- New door window handles and metal trims.
- Comes with two doors (one at each end).
- Wind resistant up to 65 mph for those living in gusty climates.
- Withstands a snow load of up to 6 feet (75 psf), making it perfect for areas with harsh winters.
- Made with a heavy-duty galvanized steel frame and 6 mm double-wall polycarbonate panels.
- Bell-shaped design - the wind, snow, and hail just slide off the sides.
- Extendable beyond 100ft - so you can expand your greenhouse when you're ready.
- Maintenance-free means more time to focus on your garden.
- 10-year warranty because our greenhouse is undeniably durable.
- Access to our closed Facebook group to connect with and learn from other greenhouse owners.
The Planta Sungrow 20 was designed with the backyard farmer in mind. The quality materials allow for 3 or 4 season gardening of beautiful flowers, delicious fruits, and vegetables in most areas. Not to mention, the attractive and sleek design adds a stunning element to your backyard.
Exact size: 118.1 x 94.5 x 238.56 inches
The reliable rust-resistant steel frame is strong enough to withstand the most extreme climates, regardless of where you may live. So feel confident knowing that your garden will continue to thrive in a safe and solid environment that will stay standing for years to come.
- MVMike V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation IndianaRated 5 stars7 months agoIt is like being transported to the tropics!
With the greenhouse I am able to have tomatoes, and peppers that I grew myself. Also, I am able to propagate my flowers. Even though the temperature may be in the single digits outside, when I walk into the greenhouse, it is a balmy 71 degrees. It is like being transported to the tropics!
Our buying experience from Planta was great. Everyone we dealt with was very nice and able to answer all of our questions. We had the greenhouse shipped to Columbus, Indiana and picked it up at the trucking terminal. No issues.
A friend of ours that owned a nursery business years ago said he wished he could have purchased greenhouses made like this one when he was in business. He was very impressed. Our entire neighborhood has thoroughly enjoyed this project. I'm not sure who enjoys the greenhouse the most, my wife or me.
To someone considering purchasing a greenhouse, I’d say - don't wait until you are in your sixties and contemplating retirement. Do it now! you won't be sorry.
- CACharles and Holly T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation Nova ScotiaRated 5 stars7 months agoIt looks great and functions well
We grow vegetables, fruits and flowers in our Planta Greenhouse. The spring season wasn't extended for us, because the greenhouse wasn't finished until late May 2021. We were still picking tomatoes in November, and have some herbs that are overwintering in the greenhouse. This year we will have a much earlier start to the growing season. The greenhouse is great and functions well.
We had a good experience buying the greenhouse. We had to call several times with questions and found the staff very helpful.
We are very pleased with our purchase and have recommended it to others. We were in Covid-19 lock-down when we erected the greenhouse. Except for delivery of the gravel and construction of the 6"x6" base, we were able to build it ourselves. We fastened the base to the gravel using multiple lengths of rebar. The greenhouse frame was fastened to the base with 3"x3" angle aluminum pieces cut using a radial arm saw and aluminum cutting blade. The pieces were fastened to the frame with rivets, and to the base with stainless steel screws. It's very solid. We don't worry about the high winds.
We bought the self-opening windows and would recommend them. We also installed a self-watering system for when we are away.
- MRMichael R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation OntarioRated 5 stars7 months agoBigger is Better...glad we went for the larger size greenhouse
We installed our greenhouse in 2021, and so far we’ve grown mixed vegetables. The greenhouse lengthened our growing season and produced a bounty of vegetables for the entire year. I love how it has extended the growing season so that we were able grow many vegetables that we were unable to grow before. It is a much better controlled environment for growing.
Excellent experience buying Planta Greenhouses. Purchased it in advance and they held shiping until exactly when we wanted it.
To anyone considering getting their greenhouse from Planta, I’d just like to say - Bigger is Better...glad we went for the larger size greenhouse. Also the irrigation system is well worth it!! If you are thinking of a planta greenhouse, don't hesitate, you won't be sorry.
- DPDavid P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation QuebecRated 5 stars7 months agoThe greenhouse will keep squirrels away from what I am growing
We installed this greenhouse in 2021. In the spring, we grow: radishes, lettuce and flowers. In the summer: tomatoes, peppers, carrots, potatoes and flowers. In the fall: cold weather crops: parsnips, beets, etc. We think the greenhouse will lengthen the growing season by at least two months. Apart from lengthening the growing season the greenhouse will keep squirrels away from what I am growing. They are real pests around here!
It was an easy buying process. They stored my greenhouse while I was preparing the land, building the base and importing the soil. Once ready, they shipped it promptly and were there to answer questions during construction.
To anyone considering buying a greenhouse; just do it! You can grow what you want in controlled conditions. I suggest that you hire a structural engineer. This greenhouse would not suffer even under thirty feet of snow I wager, but a structural engineer could provide calculations to prove this.
- MMMichael M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation OntarioRated 5 stars7 months agoExtended the season nicely
We grow tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, flowers, herbs etc. The greenhouse has extended the season nicely. The greenhouse is sturdy. We had an excellent buying experience from Planta - no issues, good experience.
Planta Greenhouses is dedicated to deliver your order promptly, so you can begin using your greenhouse products right away. Because greenhouses are packaged in large boxes, they have unique shipping requirements, including:
- We will contact you to confirm shipping price, based on your location and order size.
- Shipping on most orders is between $250 and $450. Deliveries to remote areas may cost extra.
- When you place your order, please make sure to enter the correct Phone and Address at checkout. You will be contacted by phone before the item is shipped. We cannot be responsible for deliveries to incorrect addresses.
- As part of the delivery process, we require a contactable telephone number (for the courier company to contact you) before the item is shipped.
- We will make every effort to ship your order in the fastest possible manner, and by the mode of transportation that you specify; however, in the event of no specific instructions, we will use our judgment and ship the best, fastest and most economical way. We are not responsible for delayed delivery due to conditions beyond our control.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes, as in most cases you will need to sign for your item.
- Orders placed on weekends and public holidays will be processed the next business day.
The package for Sungrow 20 10' × 19.5' × 8 ' consists of the following boxes:
|L, (in)||W, (in)||H, (in)||Weight,(lbs)||Quantity|
|Planta Base 1||62||11||3||46||1|
|Planta Base 2||50||15||3||73||1|
|Planta Base 3||40||5||3||44||1|
|Planta Polycarbonate base||83||44||3||40||1|
|Planta Polycarbonate Extension||83||44||2||20||2|
Yes! All of our Sungrow models come with manual doors and a manual window above the door on both ends of the greenhouse.
For our Sungrow models, the door opening width is 800mm or 31.5".
There are several different types of greenhouse bases, information, and pictures posted by our customers on our Customer Stories page and our Planta Facebook page. Additionally, you can learn more about "Types of Greenhouse Bases - With Pros & Cons of Each" on our blog.
Unfortunately, we do not have any lean-to greenhouses available at this time.
All of our products come pre-packaged by the manufacturer and can only be customized in length (6.5' extension). However, the height of the greenhouse can also be increased if placed on a base (up to 5ft above the ground)
We use 6mm heavy-duty, double-walled polycarbonate panels with a UV-protected outside layer for our Residential Greenhouses.
The greenhouse frame is made out of heavy-duty galvanized steel.
Roof Ventilation Windows
It is strongly recommended to go with an even amount of roof ventilation windows. This is so you can place at least one on either side of the greenhouse. The amount of windows required depends on the greenhouse size, the climate you are in, and the types of plants that will be grown inside the greenhouse.
Our Automatic Ventilation Windows do not require any batteries or electricity. A heat-activated mechanism will open/close the window once a certain temperature is reached.
The opening temperature is between 17 °C and 25°C (62.6°F to 77°F), while the maximum opening is at 30 °C (86°F).
Roof ventilation windows work as an add-on and can be installed only once the greenhouse installation is complete. Windows can be added later as well.
The Sungrow models can hold snow load weight of up to 6ft of fresh snow (75 psf or 360 kg / m2) on top of the greenhouse.
The wind resistance is 100km/h (65 mp/h).
On our YouTube channel, you'll find step-by-step installation guide videos to help ease the installation process.
Absolutely! The polycarbonate is very easy to work with, and the galvanized steel frame is strong enough to support any additional accessories.