Every greenhouse kit comes with optional legs that can be dug directly into the ground. The amount of legs included depends on the greenhouse size.
Approx Size: 10' × 13' × 8'
Imagine having a place in your backyard constantly brimming with life, no matter the season. A garden where you can harvest juicy tomatoes and crispy cucumbers long after the heat of summer has faded. A secret oasis that envelops you in toasty warmth and shields you and your plants from the harshness of the colder months.
One of the strongest greenhouses in the world: heavy-duty materials, more weather-resistant, and with a decade-long warranty.
- New door window handles and metal trims.
- Comes with two doors (one to each end).
- Wind resistant up to 65 mph for those living in gusty climates.
- Withstands a snow load (light snow) of up to 6 feet (75 psf), and 3 feet of packed snow making it perfect for areas with harsh winters.
- Made with a heavy-duty galvanized steel frame and 6 mm double-wall polycarbonate panels.
- Bell-shaped design - the wind, snow, and hail just slide off the sides.
- Extendable beyond 100ft - so you can expand your greenhouse when you're ready.
- Maintenance-free means more time to focus on your garden.
- 10-year warranty because our greenhouse is undeniably durable.
- Access to our closed Facebook group to connect with and learn from other greenhouse owners.
The Planta Urban Sungrow was thoughtfully created for the smaller urban and suburban backyards. The greenhouse is perfect for 3 or 4 season gardening, so you can expect multiple harvests throughout the year. The structure is designed with heavy-duty materials that are strong enough for commercial farming but compact and affordable enough for the backyard gardener.
Exact size: 118.1 x 94.5 x 159.86 inches
Rest assured knowing that the sturdy steel frame is rust-resistant and is tough enough to withstand the most extreme weather conditions, keeping your garden safe and sound, regardless of the climate where you may live.
The greenhouse comes with:
- two doors
- two manual windows
- the option to install multiple windows.
The end-to-end ventilation combined with the tall 8ft roof height makes this greenhouse very comfortable to work inside throughout the day.
- LWLenora W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation IdahoRated 5 stars3 months agoWonderful!
I love it!
- GMGayle M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation AlaskaRated 5 stars10 months agoI'm so glad I found a company
I got my greenhouse in 2021, and grow tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, peppers, beans. Because of the greenhouse, I was able to start earlier and extend the growing season into the fall longer. Also, the tomatoes and cucumbers produce more and get taller inside a greenhouse instead of outside in this climate. My favorite thing about having a greenhouse is that I can grow so much high-quality, tasty food in it. That I can go out in my bathrobe in the morning if I want to, to pick a fresh tomato. That I can spend hours of time in there weeding or trimming or watering or fertilizing, even until late in the night (the sun doesn't set here in mid-summer until midnight), it's so therapeutic.
If someone is considering purchasing a greenhouse, I’d say be prepared for some head scratching while putting the kit together (although the videos were a great help). Definitely have a friend help, it takes at least two people to put it together. Understand that there will be added costs if you want to put the greenhouse on a base. In my case, I opted for constructing a one-foot high base out of cedar as the outer perimeter, with cedar planter boxes inside as a part of the base. It was very pricey, owing to high price of cedar lumber and hiring of a professional to do this part. If you don't put it on a base but rather straight onto the ground, you will still need to put your plants into pots or construct boxes for them inside the greenhouse. Also consider ventilation and heating needs. The…
- TPTerry P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation WisconsinRated 5 stars10 months agoTons of fun learning
We installed our greenhouse in May 2021 & we grow tomatoes, peppers, flowers etc. It has been tons of fun learning, and it extended my growing season. Can’t wait to start my seedlings! My favorite thing about this greenhouse is it’s strength.
We had an excellent buying experience & if I had to say something to someone considering purchasing a Planta Greenhouse, I’d say Do it! Buy the biggest you can and watch the videos before you begin to assemble. Don't be afraid to call Planta for help if you need it.
- DSDaniel S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation MinnesotaRated 5 stars10 months agoIt’s warm
In 2021, my wife gave this greenhouse to me for Christmas. I grow vegetable starts and end of season to prolong the season. The greenhouse has extended the growing season. It keeps the temperature warm inside. Very good buying experience and helpful video guides for installation. Great product, but took a wild to build/install.
- D&Dwayne & Cheryl S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productLocation AlbertaRated 5 stars10 months agoWe really love going out and sitting in the greenhouse
We finished installing our greenhouse in 2021, and grow tomatoes and peppers in it. Honestly, we got it all finished a little later than would have been ideal but the plants were producing at least 3 weeks longer than the same plants in our open garden space. We are looking forward to taking full advantage of an earlier start this year! Other than the obvious growing advantages, we really love going out and sitting in the greenhouse when the sun is shining on it and it's a lovely warm inside when it's blustering and cold outside!
It was a great buying experience from Planta! Delivery was quick and everything was very well packed. We had a couple of questions after we started the build but a quick phone call and planta was able to walk us through our issue.
When I thought of a greenhouse before, it was all glass and english cottage garden but where we live we really value knowing our investment in our planta greenhouse will stand the test of time (and our regular snowy blustery -30c). If you are considering getting a greenhouse from Planta - Do it!
Planta Greenhouses is dedicated to deliver your order promptly, so you can begin using your greenhouse products right away. Because greenhouses are packaged in large boxes, they have unique shipping requirements, including:
- We will contact you to confirm shipping price, based on your location and order size.
- Shipping on most orders is between $250 and $450. Deliveries to remote areas may cost extra.
- When you place your order, please make sure to enter the correct Phone and Address at checkout. You will be contacted by phone before the item is shipped. We cannot be responsible for deliveries to incorrect addresses.
- As part of the delivery process, we require a contactable telephone number (for the courier company to contact you) before the item is shipped.
- We will make every effort to ship your order in the fastest possible manner, and by the mode of transportation that you specify; however, in the event of no specific instructions, we will use our judgment and ship the best, fastest and most economical way. We are not responsible for delayed delivery due to conditions beyond our control.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes, as in most cases you will need to sign for your item.
- Orders placed on weekends and public holidays will be processed the next business day.
The package for Sungrow Urban 10' ×13' × 8 ' consists of the following boxes:
|L, (in)||W, (in)||H, (in)||Weight, (lbs)||Quantity|
|Planta Base 1||62||11||3||46||1|
|Planta Base 2||50||15||3||73||1|
|Planta Base 3||40||5||3||44||1|
|Planta Polycarbonate base (6mm)||83||44||3||40||1|
|Planta Polycarbonate Extension (6mm)||83||44||2||20||1|
Yes! All of our Sungrow models come with manual doors and a manual window above the door on both ends of the greenhouse.
For our Sungrow models, the door opening width is 800mm or 31.5".
There are several different types of greenhouse bases, information, and pictures posted by our customers on our Customer Stories page and our Planta Facebook page. Additionally, you can learn more about "Types of Greenhouse Bases - With Pros & Cons of Each" on our blog.
Unfortunately, we do not have any lean-to greenhouses available at this time.
All of our products come pre-packaged by the manufacturer and can only be customized in length (6.5' extension). However, the height of the greenhouse can also be increased if placed on a base (up to 5ft above the ground)
We use 6mm heavy-duty, double-walled polycarbonate panels with a UV-protected outside layer for our Residential Greenhouses.
The greenhouse frame is made out of heavy-duty galvanized steel.
Roof Ventilation Windows
It is strongly recommended to go with an even amount of roof ventilation windows. This is so you can place at least one on either side of the greenhouse. The amount of windows required depends on the greenhouse size, the climate you are in, and the types of plants that will be grown inside the greenhouse.
Our Automatic Ventilation Windows do not require any batteries or electricity. A heat-activated mechanism will open/close the window once a certain temperature is reached.
The opening temperature is between 17 °C and 25°C (62.6°F to 77°F), while the maximum opening is at 30 °C (86°F).
Roof ventilation windows work as an add-on and can be installed only once the greenhouse installation is complete. Windows can be added later as well.
The Sungrow models can hold snow load weight of up to 6ft of fresh snow (75 psf or 360 kg / m2) on top of the greenhouse.
The wind resistance is 100km/h (65 mp/h).
On our YouTube channel, you'll find step-by-step installation guide videos to help ease the installation process.
Absolutely! The polycarbonate is very easy to work with, and the galvanized steel frame is strong enough to support any additional accessories.